Wrap Dress: Karen Kane | Bag: A+ | Heels: BCBGeneration | Sunglasses: Ray-Ban | Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs | Earrings: Nordstrom
The wrap dress…
Always classic, always chic, always versatile. The wrap dress should be an essential in every girls closet and here’s why…
1. Whether you choose to make it an investment or you find one on sale for $30 dollars at Marshall’s (brava, brava), a wrap dress is always flattering on every body type because of the way it cinches in and ruches or ties at the waist, enhancing the natural feminine, hourglass figure. The neckline of the a wrap dress also makes for a very flattering feature as it folds over and across the chest, dipping down but not too low.
2. A wrap dress is so versatile. You can dress it up with jewelry, dress it down with flats, or keep it simple with little to no accessories to let it do the talking all on it’s own. Plus, it’s totally wearable in any season!
3. A wrap dress exudes femininity and class, all while being chic and professional. You can wear it to the office (a wrap dress is the perfect go-to for an interview!), to brunch with the girls, or to church on Sunday.
4. They’re quick and easy! You’re safe to travel with wrap dresses because they usually are made with the kind of material that doesn’t wrinkle. This Karen Kane wrap dress from Nordstrom is so soft and form fitting, and therefore SO comfortable (soft and comfy are my too favorite things when it comes to clothes so I’m obsessed.) It was a bit of a splurge for me but so worth it because it’s a staple that I’ll get a ton of use out of. It doesn’t wrinkle and you can throw it in a suitcase or carry-on and not have to worry about it. It’s the perfect go-to because you know it will always look good, you’ll always be comfy, and it’s low maintenance!
5. Wrap dresses come in so many different styles! And they never go OUT of style (did you just hear T-Swift’s voice in your head bc I did.) Flowy or pencil skirt, pattern or plain, sleeves or sleeveless, there are a million and one different styles of wrap dresses and something for everyone!
I hope this post inspired you and let me know in the comments below if you’re as obsessed with wrap dresses as I am! Happy Monday and I hope you all have a great week! xo